Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 in Review

So like everyone else I have been thinking about this past year and everything that has happened. All I can say is, Dang! 2012 completely changed my life. Reflecting on the year it kind of amazed me what difference a year can make. At the beginning of 2012, Jake and I had just been dating for only a few months after he had returned from his mission. I had been working at my new job for less than a month, and had just moved to the Salt Lake Valley after graduating from USU. A lot has changed.

In February, my 4 month old niece was life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. She was diagnosed with Bacterial Meningitis, and there were many times that we all thought she wasn't going to make it. And even with her little body, I don't think I've ever witnessed a stronger person. She survived with all of her limbs and mentality in tact. And in November we celebrated her 1st birthday. 

April was an exciting month as Jacob completely took me by surprise and got down on one knee. 

Our engagement passed quickly because we didn't give ourselves time to even breathe. First, in May I competed in the Northwest Regional Championships for Scottish Dance in Portland. I hadn't danced in 3 years, but somehow qualified once again to compete in U.S. Championships. I also attended my graduation from Utah State University. Though I graduated in 2011, I didn't walk until May. And then of coarse we kissed on the "A"...
Also, after months of looking, we finally closed on our house in July. While I was signing the papers, Jake was already tearing everything apart. We had 5 weeks until our wedding day and we renovated our entire house in that time.
While renovating, we also trained. Jake for Ragnar which he ran in Washington state in July. Me for U.S. Championship which were held in Maryland the same weekend in July.


While I was there, I was also able to visit Washington D.C. with my Mom. We had a lot of fun running around the city.

In August, I went through the temple. I was so blessed to have my sister and brother-in-law, my parents and future parents there as well as my future husband. This was such an amazing blessing that keeps uplifting me every time I go. On August, 18 Jake and I were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and finally married. We had a spectacular day which couldn't have been any better. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and I am so blessed to have him.

We waited until Jake's fall break and then left for our honeymoon. We went to the island of Roatan in Honduras and had a week in absolute paradise. We relaxed on the white sand beaches and went snorkeling in the corral reef every day. We went zip lining through the jungle down to the beach. We played with and fed monkeys. And my favorite, went snorkeling with dolphins! So cool! We loved that trip so much!




This past Christmas we spent time with family from both sides. We had time to to parties with both sides of my family, as well as with Jake's family. We had so much fun and it was wonderful to see everyone. 

It's been a wonderful year and so much has happened. I feel blessed to have had this time for all these wonderful experiences and big steps in my life. However, as I reflect on all these things we've done. I can't help but think about how much money we've spent this past year too... I'm not even going to try to add everything all up though... I don't want to know. 

1 comment:

  1. You two are adorable together! Looks like you had a great year!

    ReplyDelete