Monday, January 21, 2013

An Ode to the Wedding Dress

So I sold my Wedding Dress. I know that this really isn't something monumental enough to blog about. But here I am anyways. I was really excited to get some extra cash (as was Jake). But it's kind of sad to see it go. When we got engaged I had every intention of just renting a dress. However, that's not as easy as I thought it would be since most places didn't even care anything near my size or the style I wanted. So when I bought my dress, I planned to sell it too. I really have just never seen the point for me to keep it in a closet somewhere that I would never touch.

It was a little bit tougher than I originally expected. In fact, I did keep it in a closet untouched for about 4 months. But the thing was, I (like every other bride out there) absolutely LOVED my dress. I (like every other bride) thought I had the most beautiful dress, and none other even compared. And I (like ever other bride) saw a lot of sentimental value in the dress. However,  finally when I realized I hadn't even looked at it in all that time, I decided it was time to part. I listed it and knew I would also need to dry clean it, but I kept putting that off as well. Dry cleaning a wedding dress is EXPENSIVE! Well this weekend I got a call from a cute girl who came and tried it on. She looked beautiful in it and called me later to say she wanted to buy it that day. So I never even had to clean it. YES! She came back and picked it up, and it is out of our lives forever. So here's to the wedding dress. You were a great part of our lives while it lasted, and you will be forever remembered in picture form only.

No comments:

Post a Comment