Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Books Read this Year

This past year I decided to keep track of all the books I read throughout the year. I always read quite a few books, but I've never actually kept track of what I've read. However, with my job I didn't have a lot of time to read, but when I was sitting at my desk a lot of times I would actually just listened to books on tape. So a majority of the books I "read" this year I actually listened to. Anyway, after I finished a book I wrote it down on a list to keep track. I'm pretty sure I still forgot some of them, but here's my list.
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • A Tale of Two Cities
  • The Lucky One
  • The Host
  • The Help
  • The Kite Runner (again)
  • All of the Harry Potter Books (again)
  • All of the Hunger Games Books (again)
  • All of the Twilight Books
  • The Great Gatsby
  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • The Notebook
  • Safe Haven
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • The Ice Princess
  • The Search
  • The Lucky One
  • Ender's Game
  • The Best of Me
  • Paper Towns
  • Matched
  • One for the Money
  • The Casual Vacancy
  • The Racketeer
My favorite of these books that I had never read before would probably be The Help and the Perks of Being a Wallflower. Least favorite, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Hands Down. What do you guys think? And do you have anything you would suggest I read next?? Really, I'd LOVE some suggestions!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I can't believe you liked The Time Traveler's Wife. I hated it. But I agree with you, on the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I didn't like that one either.

    Here are a few that I've read recently that I have enjoyed:
    -Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielsen
    -If you liked The Kite Runner read A thousand Splendid Suns by the same author.
    -The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls


    Those are just a few. I'll think of more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hourglass Door, Silver Linings Playbook, Edenbrooke, Charlie St. Cloud! You never go wrong with the Nicholas Sparks books! And I liked most of the One for The Money books! But I've only read up to 6.. But you have a good list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read Maze Runner and it was kind of along the same lines as Hunger Games. Pretty good. Also read Calico Joe by John Grisham, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good one is The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak.
    Or The Host by Stephanie Meyer. It took me months to get into the Host and I thought I hated it, but it ended up being pretty good.
    Also, you should read Ender's Game if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silver Linings Playbook and A Different Blue. I'm just adding books to your list as I read them. :) But seriously, I bought A Different Blue on my Nook because it was cheap and had a good rating and I couldn't put it down. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I noticed I put the Host in my comment and you already had it on your list....sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I never added "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" to my list. It's one of my favorite books ever! It is a happy, feel good book, with awesome characters. Read it! Now.



    ReplyDelete