Wednesday, February 27, 2013

St. George

On Valentine's Day we got home from work and Jake and I got on the road for St. George. His grandparents were so sweet to let us use their place there for the long weekend. It was so warm and wonderful and we had so much fun. We had a lot of time to just relax and enjoy the warm weather. That was the BEST! Seriously, we have been stuck in the ice box of Salt Lake City for the past 6 months. I had started to turn into a hermit. So it felt AMAZING down there!

We got there Thursday night and left Monday morning. Friday we got up and went to a golf course. Jake's only stipulation about the trip is he got to play. So my only stipulation was that I got to drive a golf cart around to watch him play. I'd never even stepped on a golf course before, and golf was always pretty lame to me. But I had SO much fun! The course was absolutely beautiful! I just drove the hubs around and sat out in the sun. Jake was DANG good too. I was impressed. We had some of the people around us asking what college he played for... he didn't mind. :)



Jacob also took me to a driving range later on that weekend and showed me how to swing a club. It wasn't a pretty sight (if you can tell by the picture). I was able to hit some balls pretty far though. I was proud, I'll be honest. I did have a good teacher though.

We went running along a pretty walkway they had going through the city. Mostly because we were feeling pretty fat from all our eating out. We also drove around and looked at the huge houses like this one.
We went swimming for hours every day. We went shopping and sightseeing. We went to the beautiful St. George temple and hung around their grounds for a while. Basically we had a pretty awesome weekend. I'm really sad it's over though... Time to start planning our next trip so I can have something to look forward to again!

No comments:

Post a Comment