Monday, March 25, 2013

More are Called

So I wrote (here) about my sister-in-law getting her mission call, along with some other good friends of mine.Well since then, there has been even more excitement for the future mission field. First, my good friend Carolyn received her call the the Dominican Republic. She leaves in June and I couldn't be more happy for her. She's the cutest, sweetest girl, and I know she's going to be amazing at everything she does. She is going to accomplish great things.

This weekend in particular was full of more missionary excitement. My best friend Courtney received her mission call! I first met Courtney when we were on drill team together in high school. She was a year younger than me, and took a year a Snow College where she received her associates degree. When she was done there, she joined me at Utah State. We only lived together for one semester before I graduated and moved away for work. But even with just one semester, she was the best roommate I had. I absolutely love this girl. She was always the strong and inspiring one of us. She has always been so loving and sweet to everyone. She is the perfect friend and so selfless. I can't think of a better person to bring hope and love to people's lives.

Well this sweet girl has been called to serve the lucky people living in the Virginia, Chesapeake Mission. The best part about this though is Courtney is going Spanish speaking. I have been making fun of her for years for her inability to roll her R's or comprehend a syllable of Spanish. Before she opened her call I even told her, she could go anywhere, just as long as it wasn't Spanish speaking. Of coarse, like always, I was proven wrong. This girl is learning Spanish, and she's going to be amazing.

With Courtney and Carolyn both receiving their mission calls. That is now every one of my bridesmaids that now have their call, or in Kirsten's case, out in the field already. That is everyone of them besides my married sister with three children. She'll still be home like me. I'm going to have to spend a lot of time with her while they're away. But as for these other four girls. They're going to kill it. They have been called to places all over the world. All different mission, serving all different people. But they are all going with the same purpose, and that's to preach the gospel. I love everyone these beautiful ladies, and I really just think the world of them.

Well on top of Courtney getting her call this weekend. We went to our old roommate Aubrey's farewell. I wrote in the previous post that Aubrey had been call to the Lima North Mission. Well it is now her time to get out there and start doing her thing. She leaves in two days! I'm so excited for her. She is going somewhere dear to my heart. I love the people of Peru and I know first hand that the members of the church down there and so strong and full of the spirit. I know there are so many others waiting to hear about the gospel. They love the work the missionaries are doing and appreciate every little act of service. She's going to love it there, but she's especially going to love these sweet people. She did such a wonderful job and I know she's going to bless a lot of live during her time there.

We love you Auburrito!


2 comments:

  1. Quality posts is the main to be a focus for the visitors to
    go to see the site, that's what this site is providing.

    my web-site; traffic lawyer in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! I don't suppose I have read through a single thing like this before. So good to find another person with unique thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!

    Review my site :: cheap gw2 gold

    ReplyDelete