Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just because

I haven't blogged for a while and I thought I'd give it a whirl again. I don't know where I'm going with this, but I'll find my way through.

First, I've been super busy with all of my random responsibilities. I've just been called to the primary presidency in our ward as well as already being a cub scout leader. I also filled the position of performance coordinator for the Mountain West Highland Dance organization. I have meetings and activities almost nightly, and something guaranteed every weekend. I haven't had much time to relax lately and it's been pretty stressful. I just haven't had time to really devote to friends and family. I'm hoping that once I get into the swing of things it wont be as strenuous on me. But even with everything I'm doing, Jake has been just as busy with the end of his semester. When all is said and done, sometimes it's great to just sit on the couch and relax with my husband!

While we were taking some time to relax last night, my brother-in-law called. He and his adorably pregnant wife are expecting their first child in September. They got an ultrasound last night and found out they will be having a little John. I'm so happy for them and can't wait to meet the little guy. If he's anything like his dad he's going to be a great big baby! Poor Kara. But they're going to be wonderful parents.

The good news from my side of the family is my favorite sister (I only have one. I'm not shafting anyone by saying that) is moving to Bountiful in 8 days! I couldn't be more excited about this. When I was 12, she moved out to go to college. Then she met her husband and they moved to California for his dental school. Anyway, with this move, she'll be living about 20 minutes from our house! Benji actually bought a dental practice in Bountiful a couple years ago, but it wasn't until recently that they sold their house and found somewhere to live. Yay for sisters in Bountiful!

Now for some other random facts;
We went to General Conference this year. I had never been before and it was pretty awesome. It was really funny to me seeing this many Mormons in one place though.









My Aunt Adena turned 100! Jake and I went with the rest of the family to celebrate. I thought this timeline of her life was really interesting. It was pretty incredible to see all the things she has lived through in her life since 1913!








And I can't leave out this little guy. He has all his big boy teeth now. He's just growing up so fast. Sigh. Now he likes to be uncontrollably crazy when we take him out. He's been frustrating the past couple of times. Hopefully he grows out of that! (I really don't have much to say on him. I really just wanted to post a picture)




1 comment:

  1. No need to apologize, I am the best! :) Congrats to your brother and sister-in-law!

    And I'm so excited to live close. WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete