Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Koosharem

I always feel pretty dumb writing blog posts about our every day boring married life. Mostly because all our friends our posting about their babies and growing family, or weddings and school and new jobs. We're just over here doing the same old thing. Going on trips and hanging out with our dog. Someday I'll have meaningful, important posts. For now, we'll just be the lame married couple. Don't feel obligated to continue on.

For those of you still with me, for the 4th of July we went on a mini trip to Southern Utah for my family reunion. It's a tradition in my family that the Crane's all get together for the 4th and celebrate in the small town of Koosharem. Ever heard of it? Didn't think so.

Well. There are many reasons Koosharem is the bee's knees. And my family.

  •  LOTS of guns
  • horseback riding
  • many motorized vehicles
  • camping
  • fishing
  • did I mention the guns?
So lets start with the guns. I just have to chuckle because everyone in the family is a firm believer in firearms. Whoever wants, packs up and drives a couple miles away from the house. We get to where we will be shooting guns with my uncle and about 8 of the cousins. 9 of us total. Well I could swear that guns were appearing from nowhere. We had everything imaginable and way more than necessary for 9 people. Everyone would just walk back and pick their next weapon to test and step up to our shooting range and start firing. A great welcome to the family for Jake. He was even given a private lesson from Uncle Jeff. 
Before shooting we must recite for 5 rules of gun safety. For those of you not in the family, they are;
    1. Never put your finger on the trigger
    2. Know your target and what's beyond
    3. The gun is always loaded
    4. Only point at what your willing to shoot
    5. Shoot only from the designated spot... (something like that... I might get disowned)
Besides shooting, we enjoyed the very coveted Koosharem 4th of July parade. We usually make a homemade float and ride along with everyone else. This year we just watched as all 10 of the floats rode by us. Jake got to actually be a judge too. A very prestigious job. One that I was really jealous of.

We also went horseback riding on Mr. Bean. We drove around my uncles Dune Buggy and 4-wheelers. We ate lots of delicious food and played games with the fam. My Aunts set up all sorts of fun activities, games and a scavenger hunt. Basically I have an amazing family and it was so much fun to spend time with them, even if it was only a couple of days. 

Jake and I took Cooper down for the trip too. He was a little bit shell shocked and too excited for his own good. That's not to say he had way too much fun. He discovered cows for the first time and couldn't get enough of them. There was a pen on the side of the house with a couple Angus Cows. Cooper got inside and would push their buttons enough for them to start chasing him in circles. He was literally running for his life, as fast as he could from the cows that HE had pissed off, and he was LOVING every second of it. He wouldn't stop! Though scary at first, it got to the point of being just downright hilarious. I wish so bad that I would have gotten a video of it. Next time. That is, if we're ever delusional enough to bring him along again.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you on the horse! And you aren't boring!!!

    ReplyDelete