Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hello New Home!

The story of our new home is kind of a continuation of my last post. We bought our first home in July of 2012 when every house was on the market and we got a killer deal. In the two year of living there, we completely renovated the house and knew we had a lot of equity. Our plan was to look [slowly] for another house we would want to buy and then move out.

Well, I was pretty picky in where I wanted to move and what I wanted in a house, so I figured we'd still have a long time in our home. I didn't want to move far from our current location as I had dancers I was teaching. I also wanted a large in home dance studio with a sererate entrance. In my mind we weren't really going to ever find it.

One day I was at the home of my dance teacher growing up. She mentioned that they were looking around for another house. I didn't think anything of it, but on the way home realized that meant she would be selling her home and I suddenly wanted it. It was everything we had been looking for. I rushed home and told Jake we were going to buy this home when she moved out. He had never even seen the house.

A few months later, Heather bought another home. At this point she let me walk Jake through her house so he could see what we'd be buying. He still had never seen the inside of the home, but I was already set on getting it. He fell in love too. We listed our house within a few days and it sold 4 days later. We made our offer on Heather's house and the rest is history.

We shocked Heather with speed in which our house and move all happened but she was absolutely wonderful in working with us, even letting us move in early after we closed on our home and waited for the closing of the new home. We could not be happier.


We love our new home. We have made it ours. For weeks after living here it still seemed so surreal. I have been coming to this house since I was 7 and now 18 years later is was mine.

To officially christen the house as ours, I did have to paint the room that I spent close to 15 years of my life in.

 Before at Yellow
Now to Gray



No comments:

Post a Comment